Autor Thema: VW's Pläne für Gelände-Bentley (SUV) auf Touareg Basis  (Gelesen 9718 mal)

Spirit

• Gast
VW's Pläne für Gelände-Bentley (SUV) auf Touareg Basis
« am: So.05.Mär 2006/ 09:41:45 »
Ein Freund aus Hong-Kong hat folgende Neuigkeiten in einem anderem Forum gepostet. Bentley als SUV!

After being at the Hong Kong unveiling of the new Azure drophead, Bentley officials confirmed to me that they had every intention of introducing ... yes, an SUV.  Effectively, it will be a VW Tourareg with a Flying Spur/Continental GT type of front and, I was told, a large winged B emblem" at the back.  Doesn't this just figure?  Before the Phantom was introduced, I was invited to a hush-hush preview for my comments.  I mentioned the car looked too big and unfinished, and lacked the grace and poise of earlier RR models, even the big ones.  They asked if I liked my Silver Wraith II, and why.  My response was that it was a nicely-proportioned, logically-sized car that was easy to drive in any sort of traffic condition, yet had plenty of passenger and boot space.  They didn't want to hear a thing about it. That was a few years ago.  Now, just three months ago, Rolls-Royce Hong Kong asked me if they thought there was a market for a smaller RR saloon!  Really?  Hong Kong has traditionally taken a full 1% of RR sales -- not bad for such a geographically small place.  And now, after BMW have invested countless millions, I have been told that indeed a new smaller RR, inspired by the Silver Shadow, is due to appear in the near future.  Funny how they didn't want to hear it, and then had to invest so much time and money to come to the conclusion that a car scaled and designed for modern conditions would be the right way to go.  I'll stick with the genuine articles from here on out.  And isn't it fascinating to note just how many Phantoms, Continental GTs and Flying Spurs are for sale worldwide?  This is a first for RR or Bentley.  No one seems to be waiting for the 3-year lease to end before making attempts at disposal.  This says an awful lot.

« Letzte Änderung: So.05.Mär 2006/ 09:44:41 von Spirit »

Offline ex.BentleyDriver

• Forum-Sponsor
  • MK V1
Re: VW's Pläne für Gelände-Bentley (SUV) auf Touareg Basis
« Antwort #1 am: Fr.09.Mär 2007/ 16:41:22 »
Hallo,

was ist eigentlich aus dieser Geschichte geworden?

Weis jemand Genaueres?

Grüsse
BentleyDriver
Beste Grüße
ex.BentleyDriver

Offline cartmanstyles

« Antwort #2 am: Mo.05.Apr 2010/ 01:32:14 »
;-)

Offline *abwesend*

• Board God
« Antwort #3 am: Mo.05.Apr 2010/ 11:21:32 »
Das wäre ja nicht der erste 4WD-Geländewagen, der Crewe verlässt.

Lifestyler

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: Mo.05.Apr 2010/ 13:15:38 »
Hallo zusammen,

vielleicht wird´s ja ein LM002. Damit sollten die Wüstenbewohner ein wenig schneller und exklusiver durch die Sandozeane schippern. Aber im Ernst: Bentley wird im Moment andere Baustellen bearbeiten. Die Continental-Reihe wird auch nicht jünger und mit jedem Sondermodel rückt eine Neuauflage ein wenig näher. Der Mulsanne braucht eine offene Variante und auch ein Coupe´. Es gibt also viel zu tun in Crewe. Ach ja, die Wirtschaftskrise und ihre Folgen müssen auch noch verkraftet werden.

Einen schönen Ostermontag

Lifestyler

Offline *abwesend*

• Board God
« Antwort #5 am: Mo.05.Apr 2010/ 14:24:09 »
Das wäre ja nicht der erste 4WD-Geländewagen, der Crewe verlässt.

Offline *abwesend*

• Board God
« Antwort #6 am: Mo.05.Apr 2010/ 14:25:41 »
Spielereien mit Grafikprogrammen aus dem Netz