Autor Thema: Toller Link mit ..  (Gelesen 2282 mal)

Offline Silver Cloud

Toller Link mit ..
« am: Do.03.Feb 2011/ 14:47:06 »
sehr vielen Informationen. Wahrscheinlich hier im Forum bereits bekannt aber ich nenne ihn dennoch mal  :)
http://www.rrbew.co.uk/index.htm

Offline Silver Cloud

Re: Toller Link mit ..
« Antwort #1 am: Fr.04.Feb 2011/ 20:13:56 »
Ich weiss nicht ob Ihr dieses "Statement" bereits gelesen habt, aber ich finde es so gut, dass muss ich jetzt noch einfügen:

Stammt aus der englischen Website, welche ich oben "gelinkt" hatte aus der Rubrik "My Cars".

My Cars - David Bershtein
1.'56 Bentley S1
In Jan of '06 I purchased this "white wedding pig," a RHD w early factory power steering, according to the build sheet. It was sold by a lying, larcenous NY used car dealer with bad and even incomplete brakes. Almost a year latter, with new drums and rebuilt hydraulics, I was unable to stop her at 30 MPH and wrecked the font-end.
She will shortly be rebuilt and get a new interior, headliner and carpets. Transmission was recently rebuilt, all belts and hoses replaces, a new exhaust manifold and system, new radiator, rebuilt starter and generator, new water pump, even restored rear springs. The aftermarket AC doesn't work. Can't decide to paint it white and sell it to the wedding boys or restore it to a propper two-tone scheme. SOLD   

2. '56 Bentley S1 RHD B127CM
Bought as a parts car, it lacks AC and powersteering. Trans was very good, motor has good compression. Front interior had been done, got Hilborn to match the rear and the paint and body redone. Mechanical work as above all done. She is white and will go to the wedding boys. SOLD

3. '59 Bentley S1 LHD w Factory Sunroof
An Ebay mistake. Badly in need of paint and bodywork. Hi-comp 6 is great but trans needs redoing. Brakes are iffy, otherwise mechanically vg. Interior was redone in vinyl. To restore or not to restore, that is the question SOLD

4. '85 Corniche Convertible w 24k orig miles
How can a car look so beautiful and be so disloyal. One failure after another: power windows, steering, starter. Sold the damn thing

5. '89 Bentley Turbo R
Bought it in North Carolina and drove it 1000 miles home at speeds well over 100 mph
Then came the Unwissender lights, AC trouble, brake trouble, you name it. Rear springs went and the new springs were too tall and made it look like a crippled kangaroo. Sold the damn thing

6. '90 Bentley Turbo R
Wonderful, low mileage car. I serviced it religiously. renewed the brakes. At 45k miles the motor cooked itself for no apparant reason. Waiting at the RR dealer in NJ for a verdict on what to do next...SOLD

7. '64 RR Cloud III RHD
Another Ebay mistake. This "rustfree car" required $15k in additional repairs to deserve its title. Then got new exhaust, started, generator, gas tank rebuild, new radiator, restored springs, belts, hoses, power windows. After market AC works poorly. Ignition switch needs rebuilding. Runs hot. It looks so beautiful in its original blue/gray two-tone w red leather, will probably keep it....Getting new paint and interior

8. 56 Bentley S1 Parts Car
A gift that kept giving like a cow. Finally sold it but could use it since one of the "good ones" had a wreck

Bidding on a 54 R-Type bentley James Young Coupe

My only drivable cars at present are two '90 Mitsubishi Montero's that I bought for 150 and 300 quid respectively

HELP!!!!!